2016 Storm Season Recap
Florida Specialty’s Outstanding Services Surpasses Expectations During 2016 Season for Hermine and Matthew Storm Claims
2016 brought Florida two major storms this year: Tropical Storm Hermine and Hurricane Matthew. The Sunshine State dodged a bullet for the past 10 years but Hermine and Matthew finally hit us.
Florida Specialty is happy to report that we closed 100% of our Hermine claims within 30 days with claims closed on average 8.5 days. We received over 1200 Hurricane Matthew claims and currently have closed 97% of them. The average number of days to close was 13. Similar to our everyday claims handling, we strived to provide prompt, outstanding service to our insureds after the storms. We reached out to our insureds during the claims process via phone calls and sent survey cards to each claimant. Over 250 responses were returned! Normally folks only take the time to provide negative feedback. However, in this case, we received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our insureds. Some of the responses were:
- “Must commend the entire organization-first class operation!”
- “Everything was handled with the utmost respect and courtesy, for which I am very grateful-Thank you so much.”
- “Our adjuster, John Gill was professional and courteous and understanding of the situation.”
- “Your adjuster was very professional and exceeded our expectations. Thank you for your prompt service.”
- “Curtis Kincaid was very understanding and knew his job.”
- “The man was very nice and inspected everything. Very happy with this company.”
- “Your adjuster was a perfect gentleman! And explained everything to us.”
- “Very helpful. Pleasant personality & no “hocus pocus” or “double talk”. Did not ever make me feel confused or uncomfortable.”
We have also received several letters from insureds complimenting the handling of their claim and the adjusters who completed the inspections.